Thursday, April 26, 2012

Best Laid Plans

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
~Jeremiah 29:11

I found this link, just like,  ummm, 5 seconds ago.

I browsed it....and then I rejected it.

If there's anything that I know about life -- at age 30, it is this: F*ck yo plans and roll with the flow.

Seriously.

Goals are great. Really they are. But, this society has a way of making you hate yourself simply because you set a goal, a mile marker, a sign post, for a certain age, a certain location, a certain "way" of being by a certain "whatever"...and when you don't "meet" it, when life throws you unexpected blows and detours and surprises and happiness that you never thought would happen, blows and detours and surprises and happiness that you have to adjust for, adjust to, move around and work with...well, that's when links like this, from publications like this, written by people that you obviously don't know and therefore should NOT care about try to make you feel bad about the fact that, eh, you missed your pre-measured mark.

But guess what!

It's OK.

My pastor in Tampa said something that I'll always remember, something that really sticks to my spiritual ribs, especially after I view links like the one above: "You may not know when, you may not know why, you may not know how, you may not know what, you may not know where....but as long as you know Who, well, it'll be all right."

:o)

And I believe that God sent my nephew into my life to teach me additional spiritual lessons. His teacher gave him homework about symmetry while I was in Chicago.

I thought to show him how to make snowflakes.

He told me this: "Do you know that every snowflake is different? None are the same."

I told him that I did indeed know that, and that snowflakes, are like people: individual.

So if crystallized water is "cool" enough for each  and every last one of them to be different, who the hell is the HuffingtonPost to tell me that my life should fit inside of a box that they created?

Yeah. I think not.

1 comment:

  1. This is SO real and so on time for me. Thank GOD, His dreams and plans for us far exceed any kind of dream or plan we could ever fathom and I want ALL that He has for me. Another great post - Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete