Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Whoops! Almost got lost.

...let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith...Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
~ Hebrews 12: 1 - 3

Thank God that I serve a God of "second chances"....second chances times infinity!

I'll spare the details, but...I don't know. I guess I was going on a mental, physical and spiritual trip down Memory Lane and, somehow, I forgot that Memory Lane is a pretty bad road to go down.

I've been there before. I've seen its perils, its dips and potholes, the tumultuous terrain...and yet I decided to make a left when I knew I was going in the wrong direction and needed to stay "right".

Wow....well, I've corrected my path with God's help -- His rod and staff, they comfort me...that's the rod of CORRECTION and the staff of GUIDANCE.

So, yeah, I've been getting whooped up on these past few weeks, but Jesus was just beating my butt to show me that He loves me. And now, it's time to throw off all things that hinder and (especially) the sin that oh so easily entangles.

With Jesus as my compass, I'll never get truly lost...and thank God for a Spiritual Daddy who'll always come and bring my dumb ass home.

1 comment:

  1. Favorite line evah..."With Jesus as my compass, I'll never get truly lost...and thank God for a Spiritual Daddy who'll always come and bring my dumb ass home." Word.

    ReplyDelete