Saturday, February 4, 2012

Old School Black History Crushes

For inquire, please, of bygone ages, and consider what the fathers have searched out. For we are but of yesterday and know nothing, for our days on earth are a shadow.
Job 8:8-10 ESV

OK, so, just because someone is historical does not mean that they weren't also fine as hell. Scientific studies have proven that great achievers are often times -- if not most of the time -- fine as hell.

I guess it's easier to follow someone if they've also got a nice ass....ha! Just playin'. I crack myself up.

Anyhoo, here are a few of my old school Black History crushes -- sexy intellectuals who had, dare I say it, "swag".

*Disclaimer -- This blog entry is in no way meant to delude the amazing, history-changing achievements of these men. I'm simply saying that while they were trailblazing, that, if ILink had been around, they would've GOT IT!

Malcolm X -- I mean, he is kind of a given, don't you think? Denzel's fine self played him in the Spike Lee joint....'nuff said. Clawdhavmercy! Oh, and there's nothing better than a reformed thug. Tupac done spoiled me, y'all. I still have an infatuation with the "thug".Link
Frederick Douglass -- As a youngin' he had that Maxwell vibe with the hair. And, side note, I love a strong nose on a man. (Tasty!)...
And as an older, distinguished gentleman, he had that Black Sean Connery. Not to mention, he was a former slave. That means a few things: 1) He had a strong back and 2) He had a lot of pent-up aggression....marinate on that for a minute.
Booker T. Washington -- From what I've read, honestly, he sounds like a BIT of a mismogynistic asshole, but, still, he also looked delicious. And, I don't know what it is, but sometimes, an adversarial stance on issues is a huge turn on for me. (He's also got a strong nose....like a lion!)

*Fanning self* Wooo! Umm, I think I'mma have to leave this blog alone. In the words of Grandma Klump; I'm "getting my own self hot telling this story".

P.S. -- I'll update my Photo-A-Day for Feb. 3, later today....or maybe Monday. Thing is, I had a really cool picture for the "Up High" assignment, but I took it on my camera when I didn't have the memory stick in and now I can't figure out how to get it out of the camera, so...yeah, I'll just wait til Monday to retake the daggum picture. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment