Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ain't No Half-Steppin'!

If a man vows a vow to the Lord, or swears an oath to bind himself by a pledge, he shall not break his word. He shall do according to all that proceeds out of his mouth. ~ Numbers 30:2
So, I've kept three of my 4 New Year's Resolutions and it's the 17th of January. Who says miracles don't happen?!
My resolutions? Well, one was to take better care of my skin. I'm 30 now. So it's all about one word: Moisturize! And I've done that consistently night and day...I've gone through half a tub of Vaseline and a tube of something from Mary Kay in the process, but I'm none-the-worse for wear.
Another one? Exercising. I've done two days on and one day off consistently for two weeks and I've lost 4 pounds. I didn't have a baseline for inch measurements, but I will by Sunday. (Go me!)
The third? To write a poem every month. I've really gotten out of practice lately and it's time for me to step up my creative expressions, especially now while I have the time (more on this in another post).
So, I keep getting letters of lies from that bastard on Da' Row (lol) and every now and then, it pisses me off....like tonight. So, even though he's not worth the ink, time, nor effort (...and I swear I'm going to stop writing about this idiot VERY soon...like, this is the last of it.) I wrote a poem about it....and here it goes.
It's called "Thanks"
I’m writing this to simply say thank you.
Thank you for ruining the allure of Sade and making me realize that there may be metacosmic meaning behind the fact that my copy of Aretha Franklin’s “Natural Woman” skips every time she sings about her soul in the lost-and-found.
Thank you.
Thank you for stripping away my insecurities just to layer on a new coat of them all, like a fixer-upper on the DIY channel. I realize that you are my Indian proverb, the metaphorical snake that I nurtured back to health in the home of my heart, knowing that, one day, your nature would get the best of you and I’d be bitten.
I was smitten.
Thank you.
Thank you for the empty words that I filled with feeling, hopes, dreams and meaning, fairy tales of no more failed relationships, singing soulful songs of soul-mating, masturbating to make-believe, cuming to conclusions that this, you, us, we, were the end of my dating days.
Thank you for the awakening.
I truly thank you, because as rude as that awakening was, it seemed polite in principle. Like a shotgun blast to the back of the head of a peacefully slumbering infant, you ended my dreams as well as my nightmares simultaneously, leaving only pieces of me.
…so thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment