Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wednesdays Off

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
~Psalms 23:1 - 2

This is my third week of "work" as a librarian...and I am LOVING IT!
After nearly 3 years of hell, day in and day out, as an English teacher at a dysfunctional charter school, I have made it to my green pasture.

My schedule is awesome. Wednesdays off is just one of the perks:
My lunch break is an ENTIRE HOUR!!!!
I don't report to work until 8:30 a.m. on Tuesdays and I'm done at 2:30 p.m.
Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays I report at 7 a.m., leave at 3 p.m. ....and did I mention the hour-long lunch break?
Full benefits....Glo-raaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
I check in books, check out books, mentor a few kids in journalism (an extra duty I decided to take on), find books, gather research materials for teachers and deliver books...and get this, they PAY ME for it!

God is truly good aaaaaall the time...and all the time God is good.

The crazy thing is that at first, I felt bad about how awesome this job is and how much I enjoy it. I mean, leave it up to me to feel bad about not being stressed for once in my life as it relates to my job. (SMH) But, like Psalms 23:2 says, sometimes God has to "make you" lie down in the green pastures He's provided for you.

I'm sure glad he made me do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment