Saturday, January 28, 2012

Show Me The Trust!!!

I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.”
~
Psalm 91:2

So, my parents have every single channel known to man on their satellite and today, on Encore Love, Jerry Maguire has been playing every four hours or so.I'm watching it now.

It reminds me of how love and trust must co-exist.

The Inmate earned my trust.

We often alluded to movies in our letters: A Bronx Tale (the quasi-classic "unlock the door or dump her" scene), Titanic ("I jump, you jump." He was Jack. I was Rose.) and, Jerry Maguire.

Stupid. I know. But it felt so right.

So, as I -- like, right now -- watch the "You complete me....You had me at 'Hello'" scene that we alluded to once ...I have this to say: "Fuck you."

...that was to Anthony. :o)

And I also have this to say: "Love, real love, can not exist without trust."

Oh! And with the above quote in mind (The love quote, not the fuck you thing.), I can't help but to laugh. Why? Well, because I keep picturing one of those trust exercises that companies make you do on team-building retreats. The exact one I'm thinking of is the one where you fall back into the arms of your co-workers

I'm envisioning the idiot who falls back and no one catches him.

I can hear the thud....and it's making me smile because that's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment