Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Express Yo'self! (Kudos KC)

...whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.


~ 1 Corinthians 10:31



I've been so blesssed to be able to experience all kinds of creative juices from various vines as of late.


Me, mama and daddy went to see Ladysmith Black Mambazo last night at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts nd it was PHENOMENAL!!!!! I love their voices, their dances, their spirits. It was amazing....and KC? Kudos. BIG! Kudos. The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts is crazy-adorably architectural. And the sound?!? Crazy awesome.




Oh, and let me back up. A few weeks ago I went to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art's Romare Bearden exhibit. It was gorgeous and I even took a few pictures before the museum folks told me that they weren't allowed. He's one of my favorite artists. (*fist up*)


Then, fast forward to today and I volunteered to chaperone the kids on a trip to Kansas City's Union Station for Tavis Smiley's America I Am exhibit. The kids behaved very well and the exhibit was full of historical tidbits and had an amazing visual layout. The biggest surprise? (lol) If I had to compare my new kids' behavior to my old kids' behavior, I would have to say that my old kids have the new kids beat. :o) ...that makes me proud.


...and it also makes me realize that colored kids have GOT to be exposed to more than just the classroom. I swear, there is a direct correlation between where kids have been -- geographically and culturally -- and where they think they can go -- like, in life.



...just a miltant thought to round out this "cultural" blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment