Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Entering the Lions' Den


So the king gave the order, and they brought Daniel and threw him into the lions’ den. The king said to Daniel, “May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you!”
-- Daniel 6:16 (NIV)

I quit my job two days ago.

And since then I've packed four boxes, and have drunk half a bottle of Jameson.

This is living.

Seriously.

My To Do list is a page and a half long and I'm crossing things off of it with ferocity.

Today? I'm headed to noonday Bible study and then, like Daniel, I'm entering the lion's den: I have to go back to work to turn in items that belong to the school -- a laptop, a room key and my grade book.

My key no longer works for the door.

The laptop just recently -- or should I say "finally" -- got repaired on Halloween after being broken for two months.

And! My grade book, unbeknownst to them, is sans grades. Ha!

I'm going to Bible study FIRST because, as I told a good friend: "I need a fresh coating of Jesus before I walk back in that place."

I'll let y'all know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment