Friday, December 23, 2011

Oh yeah, I made it to Kansas!

And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God. Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field...Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
Deuteronomy 28: 2-3, 6

So, mama was right: I should've taken a picture in front of the U-Haul. Ha!

Long story short, we -- me, mama and daddy -- packed up the apartment in Baton Rouge and rolled out to Kansas City on Wednesday.



I drove my SUV the ENTIRE FRIGGIN' WAY! With restroom stops -- I caught a turrrible case of the BG's in Arkansas (TMI, I know.) -- and stops for fuel, it took 15 and a half hours. We left at 4 a.m. and got home at 7:30 p.m.

I had beaucoup Raphael Saadiq CD's on rotation (Yes, "CD's" I have a 6-disc changer in my SUV, plus I'm old school with music -- I don't own an iPod), Ajani's letters from San Quentin in the passenger seat and my eyes on the road.

As the old folks say, "Praise the Lord for the angels of mercy and travelin' grace."

Now, I've just got to figure out where to put all of this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment