Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Bundle of Joy


so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.

1 Corinthians 2:5 (NIV)

I didn't go out in a blaze of glory, but I sure as hell felt like I was in a Linkmovie where the gangsta-ass, cool dude walks away and doesn't look at the explosion.

Long story short, I've been planning to quit my job since September. I had planned to put in my 2-weeks notice when we returned from the Christmas break.

I just could NOT make it two more weeks until Christmas.

The straw that broke the camel's back came on Monday.

I was a teacher. So, imagine my surprise when I get to school to find out that the administration has locked me out of my classroom -- get this -- because they think I have a master key.

...don't make no sense, does it?

So, I quit.

I already had my letter of resignation typed up and printed out, so the transition was smooth.

I don't have kids, but it's felt like having a baby. The "doctor" gave it a "due date" but God had other plans and so, fully developed, it came a little bit "earlier than expected"....and that's just fine with me.

I'm cherishing my bundle of joy.

...and I can't wait to go home.

1 comment: