Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sabbatical: "Work" It Out!

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
~ Ephesians 3: 20 - 21

Y'all.

God be showing up and showing out. So, clearly, this is my sabbatical blog. The etymology of sabbatical goes something like this: from Latin sabbaticus, from Greek sabbatikos, from Hebrew shabbat, i.e., sabbatical, literally a "ceasing".

It is a rest from work, or a hiatus, often lasting from two months to a year.

Mine, in essence looks like it's "technically" coming to an end. I'm going to be a librarian assistant y'all. Link

God show up and showed out. I interviewed for two positions -- Jobs everywhere, jobs everywhere! (See Big Freedia) -- back home in Kansas on Thursday.

The one I really really really wanted, I got. Glo-raaaaaaaay!

Thirty hours, full benefits. The Lord knew I was concerned about benefits and while I was trying to figure it out, He had already worked it out.

I won't be teaching, but I'll be working in a school, helping children with writing and reading...and did I say NOT TEACHING! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment