Saturday, December 17, 2011

Gimme My MONEY!


Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loves another has fulfilled the law.
~ Romans 13:8

So, this post is a bit late, but I'm going to share anyway. The charter school organization who used to employ me (and which will remain nameless :o) ) told me I could pick up my final check on the 15th after 12 p.m.

I showed up at 12:38 p.m.

No one was in the office....no one. I knocked. I banged. I called.

Nothing.

There was no way that I was leaving without my money, so I peaked in all of the blinds alllll around the building.

In the back, I peeped a young woman and motioned for her to come to the door.

"I don't work here. They're all at the Christmas party."

"Christmas party?" I replied.

"Yeah. They're in the building over there, in the back."

So I began the second stage of my reconnaissance mission: Find Christmas party.

I hear cackling from the Harpies of HR coming from a building that had all heavily tinted windows. Before I could knock, two of the Harpies exit the door.



The facilities manager is holding the door for them.

I peak my head around as not to scare them. "Hi."

"May I help you?"

"Yes," I say in my most professional voice (Never mind I was wearing a Cookie Monster T-shirt). "I'm here to pick up my final check."

One of the Harpies walks me back to the building I came from. (Mind you, this has become a 20 minute ordeal by this point.)

She asks my name and fingers through some envelopes behind the unmanned front desk.

"Here you go."

I honestly was expecting a 50-cent check....like, not a "Go shawty, it's ya birf-day" kind of 50-cent check....but like, a check that was worth half of $1.

To my surprise, it was $34.48....I thought so, I thought.

Upon closer inspection I notice that this is a reimbursement for posters I bought with my own money earlier in the year.

I email the Head Harpy of HR. She tells me that they mailed my final check.

...so, whhhhhy did you say I had to pick up my final check? ...Oh yeah, because you're disorganized.

No comments:

Post a Comment